Whether you're hosting a gathering or simply craving a taste of the tropics, this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Bask in the sun while you enjoy vibrant layers of delicious flavours and textures. These delectable and easy trifles will not only please the palate but also transport you to a beachside paradise.
- Preheat oven to 170C/350F.
- Grease four 6-8” inch cake pans generously with baking spray and set aside.
Prepare Your Cake Batter
- Add flour, baking powder & salt in a large bowl & set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter, oil & sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sour cream & continue mixing until it is fluffy & starts to look white. Now add vanilla extract & eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
- Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, and salt) & mix until combined followed by the milk.
Colour Your Batter
- Now the batter is ready, divide it into 4 bowls & add a few drops of each colour to each bowl - Fuchsia, Melon, Kiwi and Mango.
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- Now fill each cake pan with one coloured batter each.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted & comes out clean. Let cakes cool completely on a wire rack.
Colour the Whipped Cream
Assembling the Trifle
- Use a cookie cutter roughly around the same size as your mason jar to cut out cake layers.
- For each mason jar use the same colour of filling and cake to stuff them with.
- Start with cake layer, whipped cream, cake layer and whipped cream.
- Repeat with each colour until you have all four jars complete.
- Top each jar with a matching coloured topping like strawberries, macrons, Nila wafers etc.
- Eat and enjoy!
She's fun, she's flirty, she's fuchsia. Say hello to the colour that goes with pretty much everything and suits every occasion. From a sophisticated soiree to playful party, Fuchsia is sure to impress.